The 1972 Sci Fi classic film Silent Running is on cable right now and I am watching it before I drive out to Annapolis to work. When I first went to see this in the theatres I thought I was going to watch a WW2 submarine warfare film and I was confused to see spaceships. I enjoyed it more back then than I do today, probably because I am much older and don't care about the environment because doing so interferes with me being selfish and living in quiet desperation.I still want one of those electric buggies the crew tooled around in. Oh, and a team of servant midget robots to play cards with. That would be cool.
But in watching the film this morning I realized that there is only one thing I hate more than hippies.
And that is SPACE HIPPIES.
Damn space hippies. They're always like "Can we have a cup of fuel for our bus, man? We'll trade you some brownies."
ReplyDeleteThey're good for scalpin' though.
ReplyDeleteSpace Hippies are good for nothing
ReplyDelete